Happy Halloween from Extraordinary Pets.
Guinness the black lab getting in the Halloween spirit
We have been adding a lot of great new dog walking and pet sitting clients while extending our coverage area in San Diego. We now cover the Central Coast and east on the 56 highway all the way to Rancho Bernardo.
We are going to be hiring for the holidays soon. We are getting really booked up already so please give us as much notice as you can.
Penny and Bailey
Here are some Halloween safety tips from the SPCA
The SPCA for Monterey County urges pet owners to take some simple precautions to safeguard their pets during Halloween week:
- Pets should be kept indoors and preferably confined to an area of the home where they cannot escape. Multiple strangers in costume at your door can be very stressful for your pet. Pets might slip out the front door unexpectedly or become frightened and bite.
- Keep cats safe by confining them indoors during Halloween week. Cats can sometimes be the victims of Halloween pranks or cruelty related incidents.
- Pets should always have a current license, ID tag, and microchip so they can be returned in the event they are frightened and escape from the home.
- If you plan to dress your pet up for Halloween, practice first to get your pet used to the costume. Some pets simply don’t like costumes, so don’t force it. Make sure it’s easy to take off if your pet becomes scared and has breakaway parts (like velcro). Always keep your pet under your control when he is in costume.
- Keep lit pumpkins, candles, and decorations away from animals. Companion animals can knock them over and cause fires or injure themselves.
- Candy should be kept away from curious pets and should never be given to animals. Chocolate can be deadly to pets and tin foil and cellophane wrappers can be hazardous if swallowed.
For more information on how to have a safe and happy Halloween for your pets, please contact The SPCA at 831-373-2631 or 422-4721.
For more information visit SPCA
Things to do with your dog next week
Horse racing season is behind us and one of the best things about horse racing season being over is you can enjoy Del Mar dog beach. If your dog is good at coming right away when called and loves the water Del Mar dog beach is a great spot. As a bonus get breakfast or lunch at Rudy’s Taco Shop in Solana Beach. Yes it’s a taco shop in a liquor store but it’s really good.